AE Divisional News
Changes to Divisional Instructions and Order Setting Hearing
The Divisional Instructions for Division AE have been revised. There are several substantive changes to the Divisional Instructions. Attorneys and pro se litigants with cases pending in Division AE are urged to review the revised Divisional Instructions. Among other changes, the one special set hearing at a time requirement has been eliminated.
Additionally, significant changes have been made to the standard order setting specially set hearings. The order has been changed to reduce the volume of documents provided to the Court in advance of hearings. To the greatest extent possible, the parties are to avoid the filing of voluminous notebooks. In this regard, the parties are directed as follows:
- Do not provide copies of cases cited in the pleadings. The court will review relevant case law in advance of the hearing electronically.
- If depositions are relied upon in connection with a motion, response or reply, only the relevant portions of the deposition should be supplied to the court, not the entire deposition. Affidavits supporting or opposing motions may be supplied in their entirety.
- Avoid the unnecessary attachment, or filing, of documents that are only tangentially related to the issue to be decided.
This is divisional news only. See the Divisional Instructions for more detailed information.
Emergency Hotline for the PBC Courthouse
The hotline number is (561) 355-6744 and is available during weather/emergency situations to provide information regarding courthouse closures.
Division AE does not post suspension dates. All UMC and special set hearings are scheduled online on available dates.
Emails to the Court
Division AE does NOT accept email transmission of copies of motions, memoranda, proposed orders, or other correspondence. Exceptions may be made when the Court specifically requests such a transmittal.
Division AE email address:; CAD-DIVISIONAE@PBCGOV.ORG.
Do not submit orders to the divisional CAD(unless otherwise instructed)
Please upload Orders for the Courts review through the online services system:
- ALL orders/dismissals/judgments, etc. should be submitted through the online services system without a signature line, as the orders will be signed electronically and will be e-filed and e-served. If the order being submitted is regarding a hearing held in open court, the date of that hearing and the parties in attendance must be included in the first sentence of the order. All orders/judgments are to be reviewed by all counsel of record prior to submission. Do not submit any orders in advance of an upcoming hearing.
- Orders submitted for cases involving pro se litigants must include language that the moving party will be serving the pro se party with a copy of the order via US Mail.
- NOTE: When setting a hearing online, the Order Setting Hearing is immediately uploaded for signature (be sure to hit the submit button 2 times). DO NOT DO A NOTICE OF HEARING FOR A SPECIAL SET HEARING. The online scheduling system does not allow you to hold dates, so you must be sure the date is coordinated with all parties prior to setting the hearing. All motions must be filed and docketed with the Clerk prior to scheduling a special set hearing. All orders must include the motion filing date.
- Orders/dismissals/judgments, etc. must be in WORD FORMAT with the case style & case number on the left margin. Do not use tables or macros with the case style or attorney names.
- To submit your order/judgment: Click the online services button at the top.