***All matters on the Court's docket must be set through the JUDICIAL ASSISTANT
PLEASE CALL to schedule ANY hearing as availability is always changing.
- Plea & Short Motion hearings
Any "short" motion hearing (5 mins or less) can be set Wednesday, Thursday or Friday at 8:30 (PD) or 9:00 (Private)
- Bond Motions
Standard bond motions (15 mins or less) are heard on Mondays and Fridays at 11:00.
- Pre Trial and Trial Cases
- Absent good cause, typically pretrial motions must be filed and heard no later than 10 days prior to the scheduled trial date.
- Pretrial motions are heard on Monday and Friday afternoons.
- When scheduling, please provide the TOTAL amount of time (both sides) being reserved.
- Courtesy copies of motions are required upon scheduling as motion time is limited and cannot be held.
- Final VOP's, Restitution, and Infraction Hearings
These hearings are held once a month on Fridays at 1:30.
*Courtesy copies of ALL notice of hearings, motions, and case law must be sent to CAD-DivisionP@pbcgov.org.
PLEASE be aware the E-filing does not automatically send courtesy copies to the Court.*
Standard Divisional Instructions
- Defendant's Presence
- The defendant's presence is generally required for motions to withdraw capias.
- The defendant's presence may be waived at case disposition and pretrial hearings by filing a written waiver of appearance.
- Absent good cause, ALL Motions to Continue Trial (whether agreed or otherwise) must be filed no less than 10 days prior to the trial date and require a hearing.
- Absent good cause, All Motions, including Motions in Limine, which require an evidentiary hearing must be filed AND heard no less than 10 days prior to the scheduled trial date.
- Proposed orders for the Judge's signature must be submitted in Word format (no pdf files please) to CAD-DivisionP@pbcgov.org.