RD Divisional Instructions


County Court Division RD participates in the Court's online-eservice program "Judicial E-Service" (optional electronic mailing orders from Court to Counsel/Registered Parties). If any counsel and/or party is not registered with the Court's online system counsel shall provide self-addressed stamped envelopes for these parties to be served. See Florida Rule of Judicial Administration 2.516. See Also Administrative Order 2.310. Division RD is currently e-serving Orders to Attorneys/Parties who have registered their primary and secondary email addresses with the 15th Judicial Circuit.


Please note that e-filing is the electronic filing of documents with the office of the Clerk & Comptroller of Palm Beach County. See Florida Rule of Judicial Administration 2.515.


Please note Division RD will not be accepting proposed orders or pleadings via e-courtesy service of this website at this time. If the Court has requested proposed orders, these should be submitted to the divisional emai address CAD-DIVISIONRD@PBCGOV.ORG. Notices of Hearing and Motions should be attached to the event scheduled.

Uniform Motion Calendar

[Updated as 0f 01/12/17]

Uniform Motion Calendar ("UMC") hearings are held Tuesday and Thursday at 9:15 A.M. [Be aware that as of 3/15/18 UMC for this Division will begin at 9:30am] and are set through the Online Scheduling System. All non-evidentiary motions, uncontested motions, etc. can be set for a 5-minute hearing that DOES NOT require testimony. (NO Summary Judgment, Damages, Evidentiary hearings or Eviction matters will be heard at UMC). Scheduling is solely between the parties. Please do not call the Judicial Assistant to schedule or cancel a UMC hearing. Division RD requires compliance with Administrative Order 3.603 before setting any hearing (except continuances and extension of time). The parties must speak with each other and make a good faith attempt to resolve the matter without a hearing.

Attorney must first file the original motion and notice of hearing with the Clerk's office and give opposing side(s) at least five (5) working days' notice. DO NOT mail courtesy hard copies of the UMC Notice of Hearing or Motions to the court.

Parties are required to bring to court: copies of your motion, notice of hearing and proposed order with sufficient copies and stamped/addressed envelopes for all parties to the hearing. If both parties are registered with E-Service then envelopes will not be necessary. Parties are to sign up on the sign-in sheet outside the courtroom and will be taken on first come, first serve basis (unopposed motions will be taken first).

Cancellation of hearings

To cancel a hearing scheduled for UMC, the scheduling attorney's office must login to the Online Scheduling System, select "Uniform Motion Calendar Scheduling"; Select "Cancel Hearings" and follow the directions on the screen. Please do not call the Judicial Assistant to schedule or cancel a UMC hearing.

Special Set Hearings

[Updated as of 06/20/17]

Special set hearings for Division RD which are either 15 minutes or 30 minutes are set on the Online Scheduling System. The Court expects strict compliance with Local Rule 4. Prior to scheduling a special set hearing online, you must have:

  1. agreed upon the date and time for the scheduled hearing with ALL parties,
  2. have previously filed your Motion with the Clerk's office and
  3. have made a good faith effort to resolve the matter prior to setting the motion hearing.

Once parties have confirmed a particular date they must file their Notice of Hearing with the Clerk of Court in the normal course & submit courtesy hard copies via US Mail to the Court.

Division RD requires compliance with Administrative Order 3.603 before setting any hearing (except continuances and extension of time). The parties must speak with each other and make a good faith attempt to resolve the matter without a hearing. Parties are not permitted to unilaterally schedule special set hearings.

Requests for Special Set hearings of 45 minutes or more are procured via email only. Email the Judicial Assistant at CAD-DivisionRD@pbcgov.org to obtain available dates and times to coordinate with the opposing party.

In the email request, the party will provide

  1. Case number;
  2. Complete style of case;
  3. Amount of time needed; and
  4. Plaintiff or Defendant's motion.

Please DO NOT ATTACH any documents to your email. Once parties have coordinated in good faith and selected a date, parties are to email the Judicial Assistant to verify that the date selected is still available. Once parties receive an email confirmation for a particular date from the Judicial Assistant they may file their Notice of Hearing with the Clerk of Court in the normal course & submit courtesy hard copies via US Mail to the Court.

Cancellation of Hearings

To cancel a scheduled hearing prior to the scheduled special set hearing date/time email the Judicial Assistant at CAD-DivisionRD@pbcgov.org to have it cancelled from the Judge's docket and follow up with a "Notice Of Cancellation Of Hearing" to be filed with the Clerk of Court . The Notice of Cancellation must note the reason for the cancellation and provide proper notice to opposing party.

If your case settles, is voluntarily dismissed, or stayed, and there are future hearings or trials scheduled with the Court, the parties shall contact the Judicial Assistant immediately to cancel all previously scheduled hearings/trials. All appropriate paperwork is to be submitted to the Clerk's Office and copies sent to the Judge's office.

Telephonic Appearances

Telephonic appearance of parties is arranged through CourtCall. Telephonic appearance is permitted if there is no objection by the opposing party, and with the approval of the Court. You will be asked then to provide the Court a separate Motion and AGREED Order to appear by telephone. Only one party in the case will be allowed to appear telephonically.

Eviction Hearings

Eviction matters are SET BY THE COURT on an expedited basis upon receipt of the pleadings and hearings are held EVERY Wednesday at 9:00 a.m. and 10:00 a.m. The Court does NOT allow telephonic appearances at pre-trials or non-jury trials. All parties must appear in person unless the Court has granted prior approval to appear telephonically after proper motion has been filed.

Instructions for the Completion of a Landlord and Tenant Action are located on the Clerk of Courts website. Parties are not permitted to submit Final Judgments for Evictions or Default Final Judgments for Evictions until the case is at that posture. Parties are not permitted to submit Writ of Possession Fees to the Court; they are to be submitted to the Clerk of Court ONLY.

Communications With Court, Stipulations And Agreed Orders

To check on the status of any submitted Order or paperwork to be signed by the Judge, CONTACT THE COUNTY CIVIL CLERKS OFFICE AT (561) 274-1588. If an order is submitted and it is an agreed order by all parties, the order should say "AGREED ORDER" in its title.

All communications with the Court must be IN WRITING, filed with the Clerk, and COPIES FURNISHED TO ALL PARTIES AND/OR THEIR COUNSEL. Be sure to include the case number, your address and current telephone number, proper documentation and the correspondence or documents to be dispersed properly, and if the case is scheduled for a hearing or trial, include the date and time of the hearing or trial.

All proposed orders, final judgments, etc. submitted for the Judge's signature should include a cover letter or cover sheet indicating the date the matter was heard. PLEASE DO NOT send original pleadings or checks to the Judge's chambers. All original pleadings MUST be sent to/filed with the Clerk of the Court. ALL MOTIONS FOR DIVISION "RD" must be filed and docketed with the Clerk of the Court prior scheduling with Online Scheduling System or contacting the Judge's Judicial Assistant for available hearing times.

Please note: All documents that need to be recorded in the public records must comply with Supreme Court Rule of Judicial Administration 2.520., These documents must have a 3" by 3" space at the top right hand corner on the first page and a 1" by 3" space at the top right hand corner on each subsequent page. Documents that are recorded in public records include Orders of Dismissal, Voluntary Dismissals, Final Judgments (Consent FJ, Default FJ, Summary FJ, Amended FJ), Orders Vacating FJ, Orders Cancelling Sales, Order Setting Aside, Vacating, Amending Certificates of Title, Writs of Garnishment. If your proposed document does not comply with the Supreme Court requirement, the Clerk of Court will not record your pleading and our office will be forced to return same to you in order to be corrected.

Written stipulations between the parties regarding routine matters, including, but not limited to, extensions of time, waiving pre-trial hearing, invoking Rules of Civil Procedure, etc., need NOT be ratified by an Agreed Order. The parties are encouraged to file the written stipulations with the Clerk WITHOUT submitting Agreed Orders to the Judge. In the event of an alleged violation of such a stipulation, the Court will enforce the parties' stipulation with full force and effect as though an Agreed Order had been entered. *** With permission of the Court or Judicial Assistant, parties may submit proposed orders in WORD format via divisional e-mail at, CAD-DIVISIONRD@PBCGOV.ORG

Emergency Motions

In accordance with Administrative Order 3.206, the original EMERGENCY MOTIONS must be FILED WITH THE CLERK'S OFFICE. The Clerk will bring the motion up to the Judge and the Judge will determine if the motion is a true emergency. Then the Judicial Assistant will set the matter for a hearing. It is of great importance to include your contact information on all Motions.

Questions and Advice

We cannot give you legal advice regarding how to proceed with your case. If you have questions of a legal nature, or questions concerning how to proceed, please contact or visit the Self-Help Center located on the first floor of the South County Courthouse or call 561-274-1537, or the First Floor of the Main WPB Courthouse or call 561-355-6781. In addition, the Palm Beach County Bar Association has available a Lawyer Referral and Information Service. For information, please call 561-687-3266.

Division RD encourages all to check the website for updates of changes in the divisional instructions and/or suspension dates.

Subject to Change.