DV Divisional News
Please contact the Judges chambers at 561-355-1908 for ALL scheduling purposes
Please DO NOT use the divisional (CAD) email when sending correspondence to this division
You may contact the Judicial Assistant to obtain the email address
Motion hearings are heard on Monday and Friday mornings at 8:00 a.m., scheduled through the J.A. ONLY.
- ALL Motions must be filed with the Clerk's office prior to contacting the Judicial Assistant for a hearing date.
A courtesy copy of the motion must be sent to the judge's chambers prior to contacting the JA for a hearing date.
a copy of the motion and notice of hearing must be provided to the opposing party immediately.
Any motion scheduled for hearing that has not been secured through the J.A. may be stricken from the docket at the Judge's discretion.
- Motions to Set Bond, Motions to Revoke Bond or Motions to Modify Pre-Trial Release must be in writing, and scheduled for hearing through the judicial assistant, with adequate notice to the opposing party.
- Motions to Modify No Contact Order involving minor children must be scheduled THROUGH THE JA, and are heard on Monday afternoons at 1:45 p.m., ONLY.
- An agreed order along with the motion may be presented in lieu of a hearing, with the exception of calendar call, trial, and final VOP hearings
- All Pro Se letters/motions requesting community service hours in lieu of paying fines and costs will be scheduled for hearing. The Defendant is required to bring verifiable documentation of his/her inability to work and/or earn money. This includes; proof of employment or why one cannot work, proof of disability, bills and paycheck stubs, and any information that is relevant as to the inability to pay.
Unless expressly excused by the court, all motions should be filed and heard by the Court prior to the day of trial whenever possible. Any deviation, must be approved by the JA.
- Emergency motions/hearings must be cleared through the judicial assistant, and only after a courtesy copy of the written motion asserting the emergency has been delivered to the judge.
- The existence of an emergency/and or the need for an emergency hearing will be determined by the judge.
Motions for Continuance
- Agreed orders, with the exception of calendar call, trial and final VOP continuances, may be submitted without hearing provided an accompanying motion identifies the reason for said continuance.
*The Defendant's presence is required at Calendar Call*
Facsimile: You may contact the JA to obtain the facsimile number.
- Please contact the Judge's chambers prior to sending any documents via facsimile.