Rules for Division V effective January 17, 2017:
- All out of custody defendants must be present for calendar call, with limited exceptions. No in-custody defendants will be brought to calendar calls.
- All defendants must be present for set Plea Conferences.
- All motions for continuance will be heard by the Court either before or at calendar call. Defendants must be present for hearings on motions to continue, with limited exceptions.
- All motions requiring an evidentiary hearing must be filed prior to calendar call with a courtesy copy for the Court in Chambers.
- All matters set for hearing must be set though the Court's Judicial Assistant and not through the Clerk's Office.
- All motions requiring hearing must be made in writing, and a courtesy copy provided to the Court in Chambers no later than COB the evening prior to the scheduled hearing.
- With limited exceptions, all in-custody defendants will be brought to court only on Mondays or Fridays except during the Court's motion week.
- For defendants in custody, there will be no refusals to come to Court, except for contagious illnesses.
The Court agrees to house arrest on all defendants who otherwise qualify except for those cases for which the Court orders otherwise.