Division L is currently holding all hearings in-person in Courtroom 9F, absent prior approval by the Court. Any request for a ZOOM hearing must be made by written motion filed with the Clerk and served on all opposing parties no later than three (3) days before the scheduled hearing. Please email CAD-DivisionL@pbcgov.org to request a hearing or with any questions or concerns.
Please email CAD-DivisionL@pbcgov.org to request a hearing or with any questions or concerns.
One tap mobile:
- US Toll-free 877-853-5257
- US Toll-free 888-475-4499
Dial by your location
- +1 929 205 6099 US (New York)
- +1 301 715 8592 US (Washington D.C)
- +1 312 626 6799 US (Chicago)
- +1 669 900 6833 US (San Jose)
- +1 253 215 8782 US (Tacoma)
- +1 346 248 7799 US (Houston)
- 877 853 5257 US Toll-free
- 888 475 4499 US Toll-free
Judge Zuckerman is now presiding over Division L. All Division L matters will be heard in Courtroom 9F.
- Attorneys may set hearings on the Court's docket without the Court's permission on every available Monday and Thursday at 8:30 a.m. (absent hearings which require more than five (5) minutes). Please provide a copy of the notice of hearing to the divisional email, as well as all appropriate parties.
- All other motions or matters may be noticed through the Judicial Assistant by sending a scheduling request to CAD-DivisionL@pbcgov.org. Please remember to include the case number, type of motion and quantity of time being requested in your email.
- Trials will generally be called up Tuesdays and Wednesdays at 8:15 a.m
- Calendar calls are held every other Friday at 8:30 a.m. Parties must be prepared to discuss witness availability, projected length of trial, and any pre-trial matters that need to be addressed. Defendants must be present at calendar call absent prior approval by the Court.
- Generally, sentencing hearings will be held Mondays or Thursdays at 8:30 a.m. and Motions Hearings over 30 minutes will be set in the afternoon.
- Motions in Limine (MIL) may be set through the Judicial Assistant. The parties shall make the Court aware of any pretrial motions on or before calendar call.
- Parties shall use the divisional email (CAD-DivisionL@pbcgov.org) when sending correspondence to this division and cc all appropriate parties.
- All motions and special set hearings require a copy of the motion and notice of hearing to be sent to the divisional email once efiled. A confirmation email will then be sent by the Judicial Assistant.
- Pursuant to Rule 3.191(b)(1), upon the filing of a Demand for Speedy Trial, a courtesy copy shall be sent to the divisional email.
- The presence of in-custody defendants is not required at case dispositions or status checks. It is defense counsel's responsibility to notify PBSO not to transport their client unless the matter is resolving or set for a substantive hearing, ie. motion, plea, or calendar call and trial.
- These guidelines are intended to provide a reliable framework for handling cases in Division L and may be subject to change. Parties shall use their best judgment and are required to remain professional and civil at all times, both in court and correspondence.