There is no Uniform Motion Calendar (UMC) held in Juvenile Divisions
Specially Set Hearings
We do not offer online scheduling for our division. Once your Motion has been docketed in the Court file you may contact the JA by emailing CAD-DivisionJL@pbcgov.org with the following information noted in the Email request:
- Case Number
- Case Style
- Complete caption of motion being set
- Docket number of motion being set
- Amount of time required for hearing
- Name and phone number of Attorney appearing for hearing
(please copy opposing counsel/parties on all email transmissions to the J.A.). Once the hearing date has been coordinated with all parties, reply by email to the J.A. to calendar the selected date/time for the hearing. Also, please include a COPY of the motion that will be heard for the judge's review prior to the hearing. The judge's office should receive these documents at least three (3) days prior to the hearing.
Please copy opposing counsel/parties on all email transmissions sent to the Judge's office
All hearing materials shall be emailed to the JA for the Judge's for review prior to a Special Set Hearing, and must be received at least three (3) days prior to the scheduled hearing.
All hearings will be conducted via ZOOM until further notice, or unless you are specifically contacted by the court to hold an in person hearing. All hearings in Division JL will be conducted on the same static zoom link, with the exception of private events (adoptions, TPR trials, etc.). For private event zoom links, please reach out to the JA to receive the link and password. The static zoom information for Division JL is as follows:
One tap mobile
+19292056099,,88600755037# US (New York)
+13017158592,,88600755037# US (Washington DC)
Dial by your location
+1 929 205 6099 US (New York)
+1 301 715 8592 US (Washington DC)
+1 312 626 6799 US (Chicago)
+1 669 900 6833 US (San Jose)
+1 253 215 8782 US (Tacoma)
+1 346 248 7799 US (Houston)
888 475 4499 US Toll-free
877 853 5257 US Toll-free
Meeting ID: 886 0075 5037
Find your local number: Zoom Link
Please refer to Administrative Order 3.206
For any true emergency matter, you must file a motion for emergency hearing pursuant to the above referenced Administrative Order. Submit the original motion directly to the clerk; the clerk will deliver a copy of the filed emergency motion to the judge's office for review and determination if the matter is a true emergency. The motion should indicate how much hearing time, if any, will be needed and include any supporting information which will help the Judge determine if the matter is an emergency. PLEASE insure all parties' CONTACT INFORMATION (phone numbers and email addresses) is provided on the Emergency Motion. After the judge has reviewed the motion, he will either rule on the Motion without a hearing or the Judicial Assistant will contact the moving party with instructions.
Memoranda of Law
Should be filed directly with the Judge's office at least five business days prior to the hearing indicating the date and time of the hearing. The Clerk will not file memoranda in the court file without permission of the Judge (Administrative Order 2.301). The memoranda are limited to ten double spaced pages. Reply memoranda are limited to five double spaced pages. Please indicate in a cover letter when the hearing is set, and DO NOT submit prior to the hearing date being set.
Pursuant to AOSC19-74, by May of 2020, all judges were required to electronically sign and file orders through the Florida Courts e-Filing Portal and receive proposed orders through the Circuit online system (OLS). Therefore, all attorneys must submit documents (orders and proposed orders) electronically to the judges of the Fifteenth Judicial Circuit.
Division JL will no longer accept orders in word or PDF format. Orders will only be accepted through OLS submission.
Instructions on uploading proposed orders through OLS.
- Go to: Online Services
- Click on "Online Services Home"
- If you are new to Online Scheduling, click "Register New User" to set up an account.
- Select your proper choice for registration information.
- Enter your registration information.
- After you submit your registration information, and email will be sent to you.
- Please check the email account you registered with. When you receive the email, please follow the link in the email to complete the account confirmation. Note that you will also need to enter the account password that you entered when you registered.
- After confirming your account, please login.
- Select, "continue to online scheduling" on your homepage.
- Enter the case number of the case of which you wish to submit a proposed order.
- To submit a proposed order, click the “Submit proposed Order” button below.
- All other documents should be submitted using the “Submit e-courtesy” button. Do NOT submit proposed orders through e-courtesy. Documents submitted through e-courtesy cannot be signed or edited by the Judge.
If you have any questions, please contact Court Chief Information Officer at Noel Chessman NChessman@pbcgov.org
Please note that these procedures do not override the local rules and/or any Administrative Orders