RB Divisional News
Online Scheduling (OLS) is Available
Currently, Division RB participates in Online Scheduling (OLS) for UMC hearings only. Special set hearing dates will open on November 1st, 2018. The Court will open dates approximately 60 days in advance. Use of the system requires a user ID and password. Please see the link to the instructions on the homepage. Technical questions regarding the system should be directed to CAD-WEB@pbcgov.org. If the system says there are no hearing dates available, please check again at a later time. Please check the Division’s suspension dates before scheduling any hearings utilizing OLS.
Uniform Motion Calendar (UMCs)
UMC hearings are scheduled as follows:
- Mondays at 1:00 p.m. for Telephone Hearings (Maximum 10 minutes) (see special instructions for “Appearance by Telephone” below)
- Fridays at 9:00 a.m. to 11:00 a.m. (Maximum 10 minutes) for all others. No Telephonic Appearances at Friday a.m. UMCs.
You must give the opposing side at least five (5) business days’ notice of the hearing. All parties are required to abide by Local Rule 4. Any Party may unilaterally set a UMC hearing if the opposing party fails to respond after (3) bona fide scheduling attempts. Please keep all emails, notes, etc., evidencing the bona fide attempts.
The original motion and notice of hearing must be filed with the Clerk. Please do not send the original motion and notice of hearing to the Judge's office.
A courtesy copy of the notice of hearing, motion and any legal authority should be mailed to and received by the presiding Judge at least five (5) business days in advance of the hearing. If a courtesy copy of the Notice and Motion are not received in the Judge's office, the case will not be put on the Judge's calendar.
PROPOSED ORDERS: Unless ALL parties are registered for e-service as outlined below, counsel must also provide the Court with a blank proposed Order with sufficient copies and self-addressed, stamped envelopes to be used at the time of the hearing. The proposed Order must specify the matter heard and the date of the hearing.
Only motions that do not require evidentiary findings and or witness testimony may be scheduled
***Important**** Motions for Summary Judgment, Damages Hearings, Eviction matters, Claims of Exemption from Garnishment Hearings and/or any other evidentiary type matters will NOT be heard at UMC.
Failure to follow these guidelines may result in an Order Striking as Unauthorized the motion and cancelling the hearing.
PLEASE BE CONSIDERATE AND CANCEL ONLINE ANY HEARING THAT IS NO LONGER NEEDED OR RESOLVED PRIOR TO THE HEARING DATE SO THAT OTHERS MAY SCHEDULE THEIR MOTIONS.
Appearance by Telephone
- UMC Hearings. Telephonic UMC hearings are held beginning at 1:00 p.m. on Mondays.Telephone appearance by parties at UMC hearings (10 minutes or less) is governed by Fla.R.Jud.Adm. 2.530 (b) and (c). Parties may appear by telephone without motion and order by following the procedures below.
- All other hearings: Parties/witnesses wishing to appear by telephone at any hearing other than Monday UMC hearings must do so by filing a written motion with the Court no less than (10) days before the scheduled hearing date.
- The Court utilizes CourtCall © and arrangement must be made in advance calling (888) 882-6878.
- Once the hearing is scheduled and/or permitted, the requesting party shall file a Notice of Hearing with service to all other parties which shall include the following language on your Notice/Order:
"This party/witness (fill in name) will appear by telephone unless objection is filed with the court and mailed to (fill in name) at least 5 days prior to this hearing. The opposing party may also appear by telephone by contacting the other party (fill in name & telephone #). The scheduling party shall initiate the call/conference call to CourtCall at the time of the hearing."
Do not submit a separate motion and order. PLEASE REVIEW THE COURT'S ORDER SETTING THE HEARING/TRIAL as this language may already be contained therein.
- Witness testimony by telephone is only as authorized by the following:
- Small claims cases are governed by Fla.Sm.Cl.R. 7.140 allowing at the discretion of the Court.
- All other civil county cases are governed by Fla.R.Jud.Admin. 2.530(d) and 1.451.
Please Note: For the privilege of appearing by phone, you must in advance of the hearing provide your pleadings, proposed orders and, if ineligible for E-Service, self-addressed, stamped envelopes for the judge's use at the time of the hearing with the order setting or notice of hearing.
Procedures for Utilizing E-Filing and E-Service.
Unless otherwise ordered by the Court, Division RB currently accepts pleadings and proposed orders submitted electronically subject to the following:
- ALL parties and attorneys of record to the action must be registered with the Court's online e-filing system. Signed orders will only be e-served when all attorneys and parties have registered their primary and secondary email addresses with the 15th Judicial Circuit. If any one party is NOT registered for e-filing, then the moving party must submit their pleadings and proposed orders in paper to Chambers and include self-addressed stamped envelopes. Please note the Court will NOT SIGN proposed orders without envelopes. Please ensure your registration for Judicial E-Service. See Florida Rule of Judicial Administration 2.516; and Administrative Order 2.310.
- Failure to do any of the above may result in your motion not being heard and/or orders being signed by the judge.
Special Set Hearings
Special Set hearing dates and times will be available beginning November 1st, 2018. Please check back after the 1st. Prior to setting the hearing date and time, please make sure that ALL Motion(s) are filed and docketed with the Clerk of Court. If there is an attorney on both sides several dates are given to the setting party so that a date and time can be coordinated as a professional courtesy. Case law must be submitted 5 days prior to the hearing either by mail or emailing CAD-DivisionRB@pbcgov.org with courtesy copies to the opposing party.
Landlord / Tenant Cases
Residential Eviction hearings are set and noticed by the court for Tuesdays of each week at 10:15 a.m.
Small Claims Pre-Trials
Pretrial Hearings are held on Tuesdays at 9:00 a.m. and 10:00 a.m. Stipulation to invoke civil Rules and waivers of Pre-Trials can be emailed to the Judicial Assistant at CAD-DivisionRB@pbcgov.org
Non-Jury and Jury Trials
Non-Jury Trials are set by the Court with attached information regarding mediation and uniform pretrial procedures.
Jury Trials are set by the Court in an "Order Setting Jury Trial and Case Management Conference Directing Pretrial and Mediation Procedures;"
If the case settles prior to the Trial date notify the Court by contacting the JA (see instructions below). A written confirmation of the settlement agreement must be filed with the Court with a copy to opposing party. When submitting proposed orders via US Mail to the Court for review, please attach the necessary copies and envelopes for all parties including return postage.
To cancel Special Set Hearings, Jury & Non-Jury Trials, etc. a notice of cancellation must be filed with the clerk. Also please notify the Court and all parties in accordance with the procedures outlined above by sending an email along with any proposed orders (in Word format) to CAD-DivisionRB@pbcgov.org. The Notice must note the reason for cancellation.
PLEASE NOTE: LONG DISTANCE TELEPHONE CALLS WILL NOT BE RETURNED BY THE COURT.
ALL COMMUNICATIONS WITH THE COURT MUST BE IN WRITING, filed with the Clerk and copied to all parties in the lawsuit. Be sure to include the case #, case name, and your telephone number, the reason for said correspondence or documents being sent and, if the case is scheduled for a hearing or trial, include the date and time. Otherwise we will be unable to process your request.
Please remember that the Judicial Assistant is not an Attorney and cannot provide you with legal advice.
|Small Claims Clinic Schedule|
Attention: E-filing and E-service procedures for Division RB have changed. Please refer to the Divisional Instructions page link on this website
We are participating in online scheduling for UMC's only at this time. NOTE: Telephonic Appearances for UMCs are Monday afternoon only. No Telephonic Appearances on Friday morning UMCs. Friday morning UMC's are walk in. All special set hearings must be coordinated through the judicial assitant by emailing CAD-DivisionRB@pbcgov.org. No e-courtesy orders uploads will be accepted. Please refer to the Divisional Instructions before scheduling through the online calendar for important information.
Special Set hearings will be calendared online beginning November 1st, 2018. Please check back to being setting hearings.