Willis - Divisional Instructions

The Magistrate presides over Title IV-D Child Support matters only.  All other post-judgment matters must be separately referred to the appropriate presiding General Magistrate. 

At the Hearing or Trial

  • If a Party wants to submit documents at the time of the hearing for the Court's consideration, then that Party shall bring TWO (2) COPIES of that document; one for the Court and one for the other Party. 

Motions to Vacate

  • The original Motion to Vacate should be filed with the Clerk of the Circuit Court and a courtesy copy furnished to the General Magistrate for her reference and review, and corrections, if any.  If the General Magistrate does not think any action needs to be taken on the Motion to Vacate, to correct or amend the Recommended Order, then she will submit a copy of the Motion to Vacate to the Judge for action, with a copy being furnished to the Counsel of record, and if none the opposing party. Upon receipt of your copy of the Memo it is the Counsel's obligation to contact the presiding Judge to schedule the Motion to Vacate Hearing. Make certain that the Circuit Judge is furnished with either the Hearing transcript or tape within the time frame in advance of the hearing pursuant to the Florida Family Law Rules of Procedure, Rule 12.491.

General Information

All Court proceedings shall be conducted with dignity, decorum, courtesy and civility.

The Palm Beach County Bar Association's Standards of Professional Courtesy and Civility may be found at the following link: http://www.palmbeachbar.org/standards-of-professional-courtesy/

The Clerk of the Circuit Court has a Self-Service Center located at the Palm Beach County Judicial Complex, 205 N. Dixie Highway, Room 2.2200, West Palm Beach, FL 33401, and in the Clerk's offices at each annex or satellite location where you can purchase forms and can make an appointment to speak with an attorney who can answer some questions and offer legal guidance; however, the center's staff is neither your attorney, your legal advisor, nor your office support staff.

All requests to speak to the judicial officers on the telephone or have a private conference will be refused. Letters written to the judicial officers that offer or seek to discuss evidence in the case or attempt to influence the judicial officer's decisions in the case are strictly forbidden by ex parte rules governing verbal and written communication.

Pro Se Litigants may contact the Magistrate's office by telephone on matters related to the Court's schedule and attendance in Court.  There is no other authorized purpose to contact the judicial officer's office.  Visiting the judicial officer's office is not permitted because it disrupts the working routine in the office.  Judicial and legal assistants assist judicial officers and are not to listen to the parties about the facts of their case or their complaints, or give advice on what to do.