This position will be stationed at the South County Courthouse
200 West Atlantic Avenue, Delray Beach, Florida 33444
This position is responsible for administrative support to the Magistrate. Responsible for preparing and maintaining the Magistrate’s court and professional calendar. Review case files for accuracy, compliance and completeness prior to submitting files to the Magistrate; ensuring presence of all required files; maintaining trial dockets, continuances, and trial orders, schedule motions, hearings, conferences and trials. Interacts and establishes relationships with Magistrates, Judges, Clerk of Court staff, attorneys, law enforcement personnel, social services, witnesses, and the general public.
Associate’s Degree in a closely related field or related field and one year of experience working in a business or court setting or equivalent combination of related training and experience.
Note: The examples of work as listed in this class specification are not necessarily descriptive of any one position in the class. The omission of specific statements does not preclude management from assigning specific duties not listed herein if such duties are a logical assignment to the position.
- Works independently under the general supervision according to procedures while developing work methods and sequences
- Composes/drafts and/or types correspondence, court orders, pleadings, memoranda, reports, e-mails, and other documents observing strict confidentiality
- May assist the Magistrate in special projects, including research and typing; develops and maintains working relationship with Clerk of Court office to ensure efficient delivery of services
- May provide temporary coverage for other Magistrate Assistants
- Attend staff and other professional meetings.
Knowledge Skills and Abilities
- Knowledge of the legal system, specifically dependency and family court divisions
- Knowledge of the rules of English grammar, spelling, punctuation
- Ability to work within deadlines to complete projects and assignments
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Outlook and Excel
- Ability to prioritize work and communicate effectively verbally and in writing
How to Apply
Each completed package shall include the following:
- Cover Letter
- Results from typing test taken within the past 6 months
- State of Florida application form, available at the following link:
The application package must be submitted to: Chief of Personnel, Tammy Anton, at CAD-Recruiting@pbcgov.org.
Incomplete applications will not be considered. Applications will continue to be received until the position is filled. Submission of an application does not guarantee the applicant an interview. Applicants will be subject to a criminal background check. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on any of the protected classes.
If you are a person with a disability who needs any accommodation in order to participate in the interviewing process once selected, you are entitled, at no cost to you, to the provision of certain assistance. Please contact Tammy Anton, Americans with Disabilities Act Coordinator, Palm Beach County Courthouse, 205 North Dixie Highway West Palm Beach, Florida 33401; telephone number (561) 355-4380 at least 7 days before your scheduled either in-person or telephonic interview; if you are hearing or voice impaired, call “711.”