This position will be stationed at the Main Judicial Complex
205 North Dixie Highway, West Palm Beach, Florida 33401
This is a managerial/technical position involving the planning, budgeting, reporting and scheduling of the desktop services group. Proficiency with Active Directory and SCCM a must. An employee in this position is responsible for prioritizing personnel and resources for desktop support and related projects, as well as developing policies and reports to manage and measure the effectiveness of the utilization of those resources.
This position reports to the Chief Technology Officer and the work is evaluated based on quality of results obtained, conferences, customer feedback and reports.
Palm Beach County provides excellent benefits:
- Significant cost sharing on Palm Beach County medical benefits
- Eligibility for a wide range of County benefits, including but not limited to: life insurance, dental care, disability coverage
- Retirement Plan options
- Vacation and Sick Leave accruals
- Court Paid Holidays
Bachelor’s degree in business with concentration in MIS, Computer Science, Engineering, Statistics or closely related field; two (2) years of experience in the support of networks and network connected devices; or an satisfactory equivalent combination of training and experience.
PREFERRED: Two years of supervisory experience and two years experience in computer desktop support in Microsoft Windows 10 environment.
2 years Active Directory administration
2 years Microsoft System Center Configuration Manager (SCCM) administration
Microsoft Certified Solutions Expert (MCSE)
- Active Directory (AD) management
- Microsoft System Center Configuration Manager (SCCM)
- Evaluates, prioritizes and assigns customer requests or project tasks;
- Monitors current network and computer system configurations and performance; creates technical reports, recommendations and solutions to meet short and long-range goals
- Creates and approves desktop support policies and procedures in consultation with the Court Chief Information Officer
- Develops educational plans and long term strategic goals for desktop support team
- Coordinates system changes with appropriate support staff to insure uninterrupted computer services to the judiciary and court administration staff
- Installs, customizes and tests network communications and Desktop workstation systems
- Provides operational and technical support of advanced information network hardware and software
- Analyzes and participates in the development of security standardization and implementation of security controls for Local and Wide-Area Networks
- Participates in the development and enforcement of networking systems and desktop workstation standards and policies for connected computing environments
- Reviews problem reporting and customer request systems and updates status or resolution text with current information
- Thorough knowledge of data communication protocols, access methods and architectures
- Thorough knowledge of advanced protocol/trace analysis, statistical analysis and performance analysis
- Extensive knowledge of LAN/Server or minicomputer-based systems and Data Communication operations analysis and design
- Considerable knowledge of the various types of computer hardware and peripheral equipment
- Considerable knowledge of network data communications and computer system diagnostic aids and tools and the ability to isolate and resolve hardware and software problems
- Knowledge of network security management, access and authentication, data integrity, business recovery, operating environments requirements and physical security
- Establishes working relationships with judges, court personnel, attorneys, law enforcement, social services, witnesses, and the general public
- Performs related work as required and defined in the Palm Beach County job description for Desktop Administrator
Knowledge Skills and Abilities
- Use of court-issued personal protective equipment optional
- Social distancing encouraged
How to Apply
Interested parties should electronically submit an application package consisting of a:
- Cover Letter
- Palm Beach County application. (Download application ).
The application package must be submitted to: Chief of Personnel, Tammy Anton, at CAD-Recruiting@pbcgov.org.
Incomplete applications will not be considered. Applications will continue to be received until the position is filled. Submission of an application does not guarantee the applicant an interview. Applicants will be subject to a criminal background check. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on any of the protected classes.
If you are a person with a disability who needs any accommodation in order to participate in the interviewing process once selected, you are entitled, at no cost to you, to the provision of certain assistance. Please contact Tammy Anton, Americans with Disabilities Act Coordinator, Palm Beach County Courthouse, 205 North Dixie Highway West Palm Beach, Florida 33401; telephone number (561) 355-4380 at least 7 days before your scheduled either in-person or telephonic interview; if you are hearing or voice impaired, call “711.”