ATTENTION: EFFECTIVE JANUARY 21, 2020 ALL DIVISION P HEARINGS WILL BE HELD IN 9G
All hearings must be set by emailing or calling the Judicial Assistant
BLOCK HEARINGS ARE MONDAY AND FRIDAY. TRIALS WILL BE CONDUCTED TUESDAY THROUGH THURSDAY
Pleas, Bond Motions, Short Motion hearings (5 minutes or less)
In custody Defendants may be scheduled Monday through Friday at 8:15 am. All other Hearings may be scheduled Monday and Friday at 8:45 am.
Pleas may be entered on Monday or Friday during the regular morning docket at 8:15 or 8:45 am.
Bond motions requiring evidence or that may require longer hearing time may be set as follows:
- In custody Defendants on Monday through Friday at the end of the morning docket.
- All other Defendants on Monday and Friday at the end of the morning docket
- Motions to suppress must be filed and heard no later than 10 days prior to the scheduled trial date. These are held Monday and Friday afternoons. Hearings on Motions to suppress will not be scheduled unless filed with the Clerk.
- Motions in limine – not requiring evidence- will be heard at 1:30 pm on Monday and Friday afternoon before the trial is scheduled to begin.
- Any motions in limine which may result in audio or video redactions must be scheduled and heard with sufficient time to allow for redaction.
- Any case on the trial docket which the parties know will resolve with a plea agreement shall be removed from the trial schedule prior to the day of trial.
Final VOP, Restitution, and Infraction Hearings are held on Monday at 1:30 pm.
IT IS THE RESPONSIBILITY OF DEFENSE COUNSEL TO REQUEST AN INTERPRETER. ALL REQUESTS MUST BE RECEIVED 7 DAYS IN ADVANCE OF THE PROCEEDING. INTERPRETERS MAY BE REQUESTED USING OUR ONLINE FORM.
Proposed orders for matters not on the Court docket shall be emailed or given to the Judicial Assistant for review after court. The agreement shall be indicated either on the face of the proposed order or in a cover email or letter. The Judicial Assistant will not contact opposing counsel to confirm the assent if the agreement is not submitted contemporaneously with the proposed order.
DO NOT PRESENT PROPOSED AGREED ORDERS IN OPEN COURT FOR MATTERS NOT ON THE DOCKET
Proposed orders for the Judge's signature must be submitted in Word format (no pdf files please) to CAD-DivisionP@pbcgov.org.
Defendant's presence is required for motions to withdraw capias. A Defendant's presence may be waived at case disposition and pretrial hearings by filing a written waiver of appearance.
In Custody Defendants are not to be transported for hearings other than plea conferences or trial. It is Defense Counsel's obligation to notify the Sheriff's Office to NOT transport his/her client by emailing PBSO at email@example.com, no later than noon the day before hearing.
COURTESY COPIES OF ALL NOTICE OF HEARINGS (PLEASE INCLUDED MATTER TO BE HEARD), MOTIONS, PROPOSED ORDERS, AND CASE LAW MUST BE EMAILED TO CAD-DivisionP@pbcgov.org.