Please review the instructions below which were put into place due to the Coronavirus Pandemic. These instructions are effective until further notice and will be updated as additional information becomes available.
Pursuant to Administrative Order No.: 12.510-03/2020.4*:
- During the duration of Administrative Order No.: 12.510-03/2020.4*, all hearings will be conducted remotely. **PLEASE SEE UPDATE BELOW.
- All papers upon which the parties intend to rely for their scheduled hearings must be filed in advance of the hearing. If the papers do not appear on the docket, the parties must submit all documents which they intend to reference during the hearing 48 hours in advance through E-courtesy at 15thcircuit.com. PLEASE DO NOT SEND SUBMITTALS VIA REGULAR MAIL OR HAND DELIVERY. Hard copies of documents, binders, etc., will not be accepted by this office until further notice. PLEASE SEND THROUGH E-COURTESY OR FILE WITH THE CLERK OF COURT.
- For evidentiary hearings and non-jury trials, the parties should stipulate to the admissibility of evidence for which the admissibility is not reasonably contested. The parties shall provide copies of all intended exhibits, evidence or demonstratives to the Court in advance through E-courtesy at 15thcircuit.com.
- If witnesses will be called to give testimony, the Court requires that such appearances be pre-arranged with a teleconference or video provider. Pursuant to Justice Canady's Administrative Order (3-13-2020), all rules of procedure, court orders and opinions applicable to court procedure that limit or prohibit the use of communication equipment for conducting proceedings by electronic means are suspended from March 13-27, 2020. This A.O.'s time period may be extended by Justice Canady.
- To the extent possible, court reporters will also utilize
a teleconference or video conference providerCourt Hosted Zoom to cover hearings/non-jury trials. The Court will administer the oath, or oaths are to be administered in accord with Justice Canady's A.O.
- The parties are encouraged to submit any motions to the Court that they mutually agree the Court may address based solely upon the papers and thereby waive oral argument.
- Any motions to assist fair, timely, effective and efficient efforts suggesting procedures to use to address necessary issues for your respective cases during the current outbreak are strongly encouraged by the Court. It is the intention of the Court to enable and facilitate telephone or video hearings in a practical manner or to allow rulings on the papers when acceptable to the parties. Above all, though, the Court wishes to provide for the administration of justice without risking anyone's safety.
**Update regarding scheduling and attending hearings remotely:
Regarding Uniform Motion Calendar Hearings:
Beginning July 1, 2020, all Uniform Motion Calendar hearings in Division AB will be conducted via Court Hosted Zoom only. Uniform Motion Calendar hearings should be scheduled via the On-Line Scheduling System. The Zoom link should auto-generate and that information will appear at the bottom of the confirmation. This information should be placed on the Notice of Hearing.
No one will be present in the courtroom. This rule applies to pro se litigants and court reporters as well as attorneys. Only hearings that have been scheduled on the On-Line Scheduling System will go forward.
Notices of Hearing should not indicate Courtroom 11D of the Palm Beach County Courthouse as the place of hearing. Instead, Notices of Hearing must state that the hearing will be held by Zoom Conference and provide the Zoom information.
Regarding Special Set Hearings
Beginning July 2, 2020, all Special Set hearings in Division AB will be conducted via Court Hosted Zoom. Please schedule the hearing via the On-Line Scheduling System in accordance with the Divisional Instructions. The Zoom link should auto-generate (and will appear at the bottom of your confirmation) and should be placed in the Order Setting Hearing and forwarded to the Judge for electronic signature through the On-Line Scheduling System. Orders Setting Hearing should not indicate Courtroom 11D of the Palm Beach County Courthouse as the place of hearing. Instead, the Order must state that the hearing will be held by Zoom Conference. Zoom hearings can be conducted either via telephone or computer. No one will be present in the courtroom. This rule applies to pro se litigants and court reporters as well as attorneys.
(Please continue to monitor this announcement for further updates.)
For Further Assistance
E-mails may be sent to Judge Keyser's Assistant at CAD-Division AB@pbcgov.org (the CAD Box) or you may call 561-355-2097 for assistance. (All e-mails must be copied to all parties/counsel.)
Proposed Orders are to be submitted via the On-line Scheduling System. No proposed Orders will be accepted via regular mail. (See blue rectangle box below.)
See below for information regarding scheduling of hearings. ALL OTHER DIVISIONAL INSTRUCTIONS CAN BE FOUND ON THE DIVISIONAL INSTRUCTIONS PAGE (Look to the right.)
Scheduling of Hearings
This division uses online scheduling for all hearings (including Uniform Motion Calendar). All special set hearings are set by ORDER (see "Divisional Forms & Orders"). For hearings requiring more than 30 minutes, please see "Divisional Instructions".
Please see "Divisional Instructions" for further information.